Pages

Saturday 23 May 2015

Broken.

Hello all.

Can it be... a sunny bank holiday?

The garden has nearly broken me today. The huge privet in the front is beyond me on my own so my son broke from revising and FIFA and helped. Because of this I felt I had the energy to tackle the mowing and strimming. This would have been fine except for the mower packed in within minutes. Straight to google for a reminder how to get the belt...it's always the belt. Half an hour later with very bloody fingers I fixed it. It had been a struggle to loosen the big screw thing hence the blood. But the long grass was still wet so out came the strimmer. The strimmer then packed up. The continuous feed didn't as the nylon was stuck. Eventually I fixed that. The lawn is now cut, sort of. Piles of strimmed grass are waiting to be raked. But they can wait although at least the rake wouldn't break. I can see the dog when she's in the garden so I will call the gardening done for today. The garden nearly broke me today although not quite. And the bleeding has stopped.

Hoping to get some pots of veg out soon. The frosty nights seemed to go on forever but I think it will be ok now. I still have a lot of seedlings on the go and so feel like I am a bit behind with it all this year.  Have diversified with a few geraniums this year as I thought a few flowers would help attract the bees to pollinate the courgettes. Eventually I will transfer some over to the cemetery as my mum loved flowers.

Hope you all have a lovely long weekend,
x


8 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you, there is nothing worse than your tools breaking. Our mower is fine but the strimmer is on the blink so I had to do the edges with shears, a long job that I definitely will not be doing again. It is still cold over at the coast but I have risked putting the veg out. Hope you have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I may pay someone to cut the hedge back with a chainsaw to make it more manageable. But will need to keep on the mower for now. Need to get a goat maybe. The shears sounds a back breaking job x

      Delete
  2. Hello petal! What a chuffing day you've had! We've pottered in the garden and my second and only remaining washing line snapped on me today as i pegged out . Much swearing ensued. I've yet to plant a single seed! I'm a disgrace!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. O heck not the washing line now that would have broken me ha x

      Delete
  3. I have spent most of the day outside, just shut the greenhouse up after putting all the plants back that are being hardened off. Washing done, dried and put away, quite a bit of visiting done, dropping off and collecting plants. All in all a far better one than you have endured, I wish you better luck on your next foray.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes thank you, I must put more effort into keeping it under control. Am enjoying the results today now that my back is recovering x

      Delete
  4. I can't get into the garden to tidy it up. Just no time at the moment with all the gala preparations. Another couple of weeks and we will be done,
    Luckily we have no grass (we paved the lawn a few years back) and M does the hedges.
    Carolx

    ReplyDelete
  5. If I owned this house would have some of it paved into a patio. The grass is handy for a game of football now and again as it doesn't hurt so much when diving for the ball x

    ReplyDelete